When I walk into Jennifer Miller I want to buy everything. Even though the store is quite tiny, I could spend hours there. There is so much to look at and every piece is truly amazing. Since her jewelry is at all price points, it makes it easy to shop the fabulous collections. Some of my current favorites below.
Purple has been my favorite color for as long as I can remember. I’ve found some pieces that I’m currently swooning over. Come swoon with me…
|Kendra Scott Earrings||Rike Feurstein Beret|
|Intermix One Shoulder Dress||Urban Outfitters High Rise Jeans|
|Anthropologie Chantilly Top||Lululemon ultra mat|
|J Crew Cardigan||American Apparel Hoodie|
This year, I decided to give some homemade, edible holiday gifts instead of store bought items. After brunch this morning, I spent the remainder of the afternoon in the kitchen making some scrumptious treats. I made homemade granola and homemade peppermint & wintergreen white vanilla chocolate bark. Both were extremely easy to make and both turned out absolutely delicious. I am going to put both items into cute tins tomorrow and some of my holiday gifts are done!
Granola: perfect for breakfast with milk or fruit, on top of yogurt, with ice cream, or even on its own
- Ingredients for 6 servings
- 3 cups of Quaker oats
- 1 cup slivered almonds
- 1 cup cashews
- 1/4 cup + 2 tablespoons of dark brown sugar
- 1/4 cup + 2-3 tablespoons of maple syrup
- 1/4 cup of vegetable oil
- 3/4 teaspoon of salt
- handful of raisins
- handful of dried cranberries
- tablespoon of cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, both types of nuts, and brown sugar
- In a separate bowl, combine the maple syrup, oil, and salt
- Combine both mixtures
- Pour onto a large baking sheet (spray with non stick cooking spray prior)
- Cook for 1 hour and 15 minutes, stirring every 15-20 minutes
- When just 20 minutes left, take out and pour cinnamon on and stir
- Remove from oven and transfer into bowl
- Add raisins and dried cranberries
- Combine together
- Ingredients for about 2 pounds of bark
- Crushed peppermint and wintergreen candies, to yield 1 cup
- Approximately 8 cups of white vanilla chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons of water
- 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil
- Place unwrapped peppermint and wintergreen candies in a plastic bag and hammer into small chunks
- Melt the chocolate in a microwavable safe bowl with the water and oil
- Stir so all chips are melted together
- Combine the crushed candies with the chocolate
- Pour mixture onto a cookie sheet layered with parchment paper
- Place in the refrigerator for approximately 45 minutes or until firm
- Remove from cookie sheet and break into pieces
I know we all have tons of ballet flats currently in our closet. It’s one of those items that every girl can’t get enough of. From different colors to patterns to textures, the options are endless. I live in ballet flats. If I could wear them year round, oh you better believe I would (but the snow and/or rain shatters that dream). I have different colors, brands, textures; I’m kind of obsessed. However, my absolute favorite ballet flats of ALL time would be none other than Bloch. When I say they are the most comfortable shoe I’ve ever owned, I actually mean it’s like walking on butter (seriously).
Bloch started as a technical dance shoe company and the man (a shoemaker) that started the company way back in the day was dating a professional dancer at the time. She complained of her feet hurting and he created and designed the most comfortable ballet dance shoe around. From there, a business grew. Years later, Bloch technical dance shoes turned into Bloch fashion shoes. How cute of a story is that?! They have all sorts of styles – from very simple to very embellished. There is something for everyone!
The next time you’re in the market for a ballet flat (which should really be any day now because they are extremely vital to one’s collection of shoes), you should not buy anything except Bloch. It will be one of the better decisions you’ve made. I can guarantee it.
A few months back, my mom and I came across what is currently my favorite necklace. It’s not only on a long chain (which I love), but the pendant on the chain is just perfection. The Lagos Sterling Silver Heart of New York necklace needs to be the next gift you buy for yourself! I just love it. Parts of different landmarks of New York cover the charm. Times Square, Grand Central Station, Radio City Music Hall, and a few other historic sites all make up the parts of this pendant. It is such a fantastic and unique piece. And, don’t worry, if you don’t live in New York – charms have also been created for Chicago, New Orleans, Beverly Hills, Philadelphia, Las Vegas, Seattle, and Texas.Leave a Comment
Coasters. Something many people don’t think twice about. Well, you should start thinking twice because coasters aren’t only functional, but they are fashionable, chic, and fabulous, and can add a little ‘spunk’ to any old coffee table. They come in various sizes, colors, textures, and patterns. They are a fabulous hostess gift (because no one can ever have TOO many coaster sets) and a fun collectible, as well.
One of my current favorite items is the Hermes enamel bracelet. The ‘H’ is a classic, but I’m referring to the printed bracelets. I know they’ve been around forever, but lately I just am LOVING them. They come in every color under the sun, in a variety of patterns, and they never go out of style. I know they may be more than what you’re looking to spend on a bracelet, but this is not any old bracelet. It’s worth the investment and will last you for years and years and years to come (or you could put this item on your Hanukkah or Christmas wish list and maybe a special someone will purchase it for you).
Leave a Comment
- A variety of bagels
- Various flavors of cream cheese
- Fruit salad
- Possibly some egg or tuna salad
- Orange Juice and Champagne (no brunch is complete without mimosas)
- Yummy dessert (such as mini cupcakes from Baked by Melissa, for you New York City folks)
- And to make the birthday girl feel like a kid again – some fun little girl birthday decorations
I could never have enough scarves. They are the perfect addition to any outfit. They make a simple black dress look fresh and new. They make jeans and a tee look downtown funky. They spruce up a simple blazer. They do it ALL (and they don’t even have to be expensive)! As you can see, I have one shelf in my closet dedicated to scarves. I’m not talking winter scarves; I’m talking lightweight, fabulous little numbers that add that little extra something to any old ensemble. And they also make the perfect present. A girl can NEVER have too many of this staple item.
Welcome to From Prosecco to Plaid! With the end of 2011 nearing and a new year beginning, I felt it was the perfect time to start my blog. You may wonder what this name means and what this blog could possibly be about. It will be centered around pretty much EVERYTHING. In layman’s terms, it is a lifestyle blog. It will cover everything I love – from fashion and style to cooking and baking to entertaining and event planning to interior design and decor and everything in between. Prosecco is not the only thing I drink and plaid isn’t the only thing I wear, but my blog will cover it all…quite literally from Prosecco to Plaid. And more on the derivation of the name in due time. Now, sit back, relax, and enjoy…