For the past many weeks I’ve been re watching every episode from every season of Gossip Girl. I think I’ve done this once before, but it’s definitely been a while. And, really, this show is simply the best. From the relationships to the fights to the drama to the love, it’s a good one, and I’m still debating whether I like Chuck or Nate better. Chuck has that sexy bad guy vibe while Nate is, well, perfect.
However, we’re not here today to talk about Nate and Chuck because Dorota is really the shining star of the series, if we’re being honest; we’re here to talk about lessons learned from this ever so fabulous show. One might not think there are actually lessons to be learned from a ‘silly’ show like this one. Oh, but you’re wrong, my friends. There are plenty. So, let’s get into it. xoxo, Julie Lauren (get it?)
- Staying true to who you are is the only way to be.
- Those who love you through the best and worst of times are the ones to hold onto tight.
- True love will always prevail
- Sex in the back of a limo should be added to the bucket list.
- No matter how bad it gets, it will turn around eventually.
- Don’t judge a book by its cover.
- Gossip can be vicious and should be avoided at all costs.
- NYC is the epicenter of it all.
- Money, clothes, bags, and jewelry won’t buy you happiness.
- Your secrets, whether bad or good, will eventually catch up with you.
- Everyone deserves someone who will fight for them like Chuck fights for and loves Blair.
- You need to be in a good place before you can be in a good place with anyone else.
- Broken hearts royally suck, but time heals all. Always.
- Life is a roller coaster; ride the highs and know that the lows are only temporary.